May is UCLA Bike Month, and we’re putting the spotlight on Bruins who enjoy bicycling to and around campus! It’s the sustainable, affordable, healthy, and fun way to get around.
It's never been easier to Bike Like a Bruin with more than seven miles of bike routes, over 3,500 free bike parking spaces, and Metro Bike Share stations conveniently located on campus and in Westwood Village.
Campus cyclists can also get plugged into the UCLA biking community through the Love to Ride online platform, the Campus Bike Advisory Committee, and at our Bike Month events around campus:
- Free Mobile Bike Repair Services*
- Tuesday, May 2, from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. at the Bruin Statue
- Wednesday, May 10, from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. at the Court of Sciences
- Bike Week Pit Stops (with bike swag and complimentary refreshments)
- Tuesday, May 16, from 7:30 - 9:30 a.m. at Westwood and Le Conte
- Wednesday, May 17, from 8:30 - 10:30 a.m. at Lu Valle Commons
We’ll also be hosting our Bike Week Luncheon on Thursday, May 18, at Wilson Plaza with free food, bike repair services, and Bike Week T-shirts! Registration is required for the luncheon and T-shirt.
Follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok as featured Bruins tell you why they love to bike. We’ll also host weekly social media contests with a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!
UCLA Transportation’s annual Bike Month celebration coincides with National Bike Month which showcases the many benefits of bicycling and encourages people to give biking a try.
*Open to students and staff with a current BruinCard. Additional costs beyond one (1) tune-up, such as replacement parts, will be paid by the customer. Tune-ups provided by Velofix.