Student Parking Permits

We're Hiring Students!

Space availability is extremely limited, especially during the academic year, and is not guaranteed. While we highly encourage everyone commuting to campus to choose a sustainable mode of transportation, driving may be the only viable option. During the academic year, UCLA Transportation offers students a quarterly Parking Application for permit requests.

During the Summer Session period, space is less impacted and we do not have a Parking Application. Permits are limited and sold to both commuter and dorm students on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students may visit the Bruin ePermit Portal to purchase a Summer Session permit directly.

Note: Weyburn residents will need to contact the Weyburn Administration Office for parking access at (310) 983-1300.

Note: All dates listed below for Fee and Refund Schedules, Dorm Students and Parking Exemptions, Permit Rates and Dates, and Summer Quarter Parking (All Students) are strictly enforced. If you do not apply on time or pay during the Payment Period listed in the Permit Rates and Dates, you will forfeit your opportunity to purchase a permit. We encourage all students to stay up to date and check this page regularly.

  • Commuter Students
  • During fall, winter, and spring quarters, students can apply for parking by following the steps below. A new parking application must be submitted for each parking period except Summer Session. Parking applications must be submitted within the application deadline. (See Permit Rates and Dates section for more information.)

    Students commuting to campus on an infrequent basis will have the option to purchase daily discounted parking for $7.26 via the Bruin ePermit Portal. This daily discounted student permit will be re-evaluated prior to the start of each quarter and is subject to change based upon space availability. 

    Note: Dorm and Weyburn residents are not eligible for daily discounted parking.

    How to Apply for Parking

    1. Log in to the Bruin ePermit Portal
    2. Click on "Add/Edit Student Application"
    3. Select the parking structures based on your preferences
    4. Submit the application

    Detailed instructions with screenshots can be found hereThe Transportation office will send out parking offers by email.

    Accessible Parking

    Registered students enrolled for the current quarter/semester who have a valid Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Disabled Parking Placard must submit a “Special Permit Request” through the Bruin ePermit Portal each term to obtain a parking permit. A copy of their DP Placard/plate registration must be submitted with the request.

    Note: Students with a valid permit and DP Placard are able to cross-park in any valid parking stall throughout the campus excluding loading zones, red curbs, and areas not specifically marked as parking stalls (DP Placard must be displayed).

  • Dorm Students & Parking Exemptions
  • If you have extenuating circumstances that necessitate having a car on campus, then you must complete and submit the online Exemption Request by the quarterly application deadline. (See Permit Rates and Dates section for more information.) Exemption requests must be submitted for each quarter with the exception of Summer. Exemption offers are considered on a case-by-case basis, are dependent upon available parking allocations, and are not guaranteed.

    How to Apply for an Exemption

    1. Log in to the Bruin ePermit Portal
    2. Click on "Special Permit Requests”
    3. Select “Dorm/Student Exempt Request”
    4. Specify in the “notes” section the criteria for your exemption (see below)
    5. Attach required documentation

    Exemption Reason   Criteria Required Documentation
    Child Care Applicant must be a legal parent or guardian. The child must be newborn-12 years of age, currently attending out-of-home school or day care, or have special needs.

    Must provide the following:

    • Birth certificate, legal documentation, or letter of live birth

    • Verification of enrollment in school, day care, etc.

    Illness of Family Member Applicant must be an eligible care provider for a spouse, child, or parent/legal guardian who has a serious health condition.

    Must provide the following completed forms:

    • Certificate for Illness of Family Member's Serious Health Condition

    • Declaration of Relationship

      ○ Provide one or more of the supporting documents listed on the form to confirm family relationship

    Not Accepted: Care directive, medical records, hospital admission and discharge papers, medical appointment schedules, doctor’s letter or prescription note, x-rays, third party letter, disabled placard, supplemental security income, or state supplement payment
    Recent Death

    Applicant must have a recent death of parent/legal guardian, spouse, child, grandparent, aunt or uncle within the previous or current quarter.

    • Death certificate

    Academic Need/
    Professional School

    Applicant must provide original documentation of internship required as part of a curriculum, late admission, or re-enrollment after withdrawing.

    Must provide one of the following:

    1. Course Code Contract

    2. Program/Internship verification and letter from UCLA department confirming internship is part of class curriculum

    3. Late admission offer letter or re-enrollment after withdrawing

    Hilgard Graduate Housing Applicants must have a contract with UCLA graduate housing and have applied for parking.

    Letter of parking waitlist

    Job Commute - Residence Hall Students Only

    Commuter students are ineligible
    Job locations in 90024 and 90095 do not qualify


    Application must have a local*, verifiable**, current***, and regularly scheduled off-campus job or paid internship within the last two calendar months.

    *Must drive to an off-campus work site

    **Not paid via cash only

    ***Within the last two calendar months

    Must provide a 1099-MISC or letter from employer on company letterhead verifying your employment status, date of hire, work address (street, city, state, and zip code) and pay duration, and must provide one of the following:

    1. Two recent paystubs dated within the last two calendar months from exemption submission date

    2. Bank statement verifying two recent direct deposits within the last two calendar months from exemption submission date

    3. Two recent company-canceled checks* (front and back copy is required) dated within the last two calendar months from exemption submission date.

    *Canceled checks are checks that have been paid by the bank they are drawn on. After the money is deducted the bank will cancel the check, so it can no longer be used and is marked as processed by the bank. For checks deposited via banking apps, please include a copy of the front and back of the check and corresponding deposit on your bank statement or a copy of your recent bank activity verifying the check cleared.

    Failure to submit all required documentation will result in the request being denied.
    Veteran Applicant must have Veteran Readiness and Employment/Rehab Authorization.

    Must provide the following:

    • Completed form from the Department of Rehabilitation or the Chapter 31 Veteran Readiness and Employment 

    Note: Parking exemption requests submitted due to missed parking application deadline or missed payment deadline will not be considered. Exemptions remain confidential and all supporting documentation will be destroyed at the end of each quarter. Decisions regarding exemption requests will be sent via email.

    For students with other eligibility needs, please see the resources below:

      •  Students seeking disability-related accommodations on the basis of an accessibility need who do not have a Disabled Parking Placard, and are unable to acquire a parking permit otherwise, should review the information under "UCLA Parking" on the Center for Accessible Education (CAE) websiteIf you do not qualify for a state-issued disability placard, the CAE can assess if parking would be a reasonable accommodation due to a disability-related reason, on a case-by-case basis, and as a temporary interim measure.

      •  Students in crisis whose needs are outside of those listed above may qualify for temporary need-based parking. To request access to purchase a parking space, please complete this form. Spots are limited and are not guaranteed.

  • Professional Graduate Students
  • Graduate students in a professional school are able to purchase their permits through the Bruin ePermit Portal with no application required.

    Students commuting to campus on an infrequent basis will have the option to purchase daily discounted parking via the Bruin ePermit Portal for Spring Quarter. This daily discounted student permit will be re-evaluated prior to the start of each quarter moving forward and is subject to change based upon space availability.

    Note: Dorm and Weyburn residents are not eligible for daily discounted parking.

    Professional schools include the following:

    • School of Law
    • School of Education
    • Luskin School of Public Policy, Social Welfare, and Urban Planning
    • Graduate School of Nursing
    • School of Public Health
    • Anderson Graduate School of Management
    • School of the Arts and Architecture
    • School of Theater Film and Television
    • School of Dentistry

    School of Medicine Students

    Instructions to request parking can be found on the DGSOM website

  • Application Priority Process
  • Student parking is offered on a prioritization basis, rather than the application submission date.

    The priority order is as follows:

        •  Graduate Students
        •  Eligible Regent Scholars  
        •  Upperclassmen (Seniors and Juniors)
        •  Underclassmen (Sophomores and Freshmen)

    Please note: Regent Scholars are guaranteed parking provided they meet the application and parking deadlines.

  • How to Submit a Carpool Request
  • All students participating in a carpool must submit a Parking Application by the quarterly deadline. Registered student commuters who qualify for a carpool permit during the application period are given priority parking at a discounted rate for a two-person, three-person, or four-person carpool. A new carpool application, by each participating member, must be submitted for each parking period during the academic year. Carpool permits are not available for Summer Sessions. 

    In each carpool group, all members will be responsible for submitting both of the following:    

        1.  Student Parking Application (excluding Professional School Students)
        2.  Special Permit Request

    Professional School Students: All members must submit a “Special Permit Request” through the Bruin ePermit Portal before purchasing their permit. A new carpool application, by each participating member, must be submitted for each parking period with the exception of Summer Session.

    Student Carpool Eligibility Guidelines

        •  The primary carpool member will be responsible for submitting payment
        •  All carpool members must be registered students for the quarter/semester they need permit access
        •  All members must commute to campus together a minimum of three days per week (Monday-Friday)
        •  All members must live in areas that facilitate a logical commute pattern 
        •  Carpool members cannot live in zip code 90024 or live in the residence halls
        •  Carpool members cannot purchase any other subsidized program offers, including transit passes

  • How to Submit a Clean Fuel Permit
  • Only Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV’s) are eligible for a UCLA Clean Fuel Permit. Cars that meet these requirements are 100% battery-electric or hydrogen fuel cell electric. To determine if your vehicle is a Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV), visit the California Air Resources Board website and check that your vehicle's “Exhaust Standard” is listed as “ZEV”.

    When requesting a Clean Fuel permit through the Bruin ePermit System, you will need to submit a copy of your current vehicle registration. If you are not the registered owner, you must also provide proof of insurance. The insurance card must have the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and permit holder's name on it.

    A clean fuel permit allows for the mobility of a blue permit for the price of a yellow permit. Students requesting a clean fuel permit must submit a Parking Application and Special Permit Request by the application deadline. Registered student commuters* who qualify for a clean fuel permit during the application period are given priority. Students should wait to purchase a quarterly permit until they receive the result of their special permit request. A new special permit request (clean fuel) and parking application must be submitted for each quarter within the posted application period (with the exception of Summer Session).

    *Dorm students are not eligible for a clean fuel permit.

    Professional School Students: Students must submit a “Special Permit Request” through the Bruin ePermit Portal before purchasing their permit. A new clean fuel request and parking application must be submitted for each parking period with the exception of Summer Session.                                                                            

  • Permit Rates and Dates (Fall, Winter & Spring)
  • Parking permit rates and dates are updated for each fiscal year. The most current permit rates are available on our Parking Rates and Fees page. Payment period dates are subject to change without notification. Continue to check the website for the most up-to-date information.

    Undergraduate and Non-Professional Graduate Students

      Fall Quarter Winter Quarter Spring Quarter
    Application Period August 1 - August 19, 2022 November 7 - November 27, 2022 February 21 - March 5, 2023*
    Payment Period August 29 - September 2, 2022 December 5 - 9, 2022 March 13 - 17, 2023
    Permit Effective Dates September 12, 2022 - December 31, 2022 January 1, 2023 - March 26, 2023 March 27 - June 18, 2023
    Quarter Begins September 19, 2022 January 4, 2023 March 29, 2023
    Instruction Begins September 22, 2022 January 9, 2023 April 3, 2023
    *Please note: The application period for Spring 2023 has been updated to February 21 - March 5.

    Professional Graduate Students

      Fall Quarter Winter Quarter Spring Quarter
    Available for Purchase August 22, 2022 November 28, 2022 March 6, 2023
    Payment Period August 22 - December 31, 2022 November 28 - March 26, 2023 March 6 - June 18, 2023
    Permit Effective Dates             September 12 - December 31, 2022 January 1 - March 26, 2023 March 27 - June 18, 2023         
    Quarter Begins September 19, 2022 January 4, 2023 March 29, 2023
    Instruction Begins September 22, 2022 January 9, 2023 April 3, 2023
    Law School                             fall semester                                              spring semester                                                    
    Available for Purchase July 25, 2022 November 28, 2022
    Permit Effective Dates August 8 - December 31, 2022 January 1 - May 14, 2023
    Instruction Begins August 10, 2022 (Short Course)

    August 22, 2022
    January 3, 2023 (Short Course)

    January 17, 2023
  • Summer Quarter Parking (All Students)
  • All summer permits for student parking are first come first served. Daily discounted parking at $7.26 a day is available for commuter students through the Bruin ePermit Portal.

      summer Quarter Session A session c
    Available for Purchase May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022
    Permit Effective Dates June 13 - September 11, 2022 June 13 - July 31, 2022 August 1 - September 11, 2022
  • Payments and Cancellations
  • Payment Methods

    Students must make payment within the Bruin ePermit Portal by the Payment Period dates listed under the Permit Rates and Dates section. If you are approved to purchase a parking permit, make sure to use one of the following two payment methods:

      •  Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express)
      •  eCheck (electronic check) paid with a U.S. checking or savings account with no additional fee applied

    Information for students experiencing a financial crisis can be found below

    OneBill Initiative

    The OneBill Initiative consolidates your regular-term Tuition, Housing, Parking, and Transit student fees into a single BruinBill account called Regular Term Bill. The OneBill Initiative makes billing support straightforward by providing a centralized location for billing inquiries. When you reach the purchase screen you will only see the BruinBill option available. After completing your transaction, your Parking charge will be applied to your Regular Term Bill and all financial payments will be paid through your BruinBill account. For more information please visit

    Cancellations & Refunds

    University students must cancel their parking permit upon withdrawal, academic leave, or a one-term absence from the university if they paid for parking. Quarterly Permit Refunds are based on a 14-day proration from the first Monday of a permit's effective date. The refund amount is calculated from the cost of the permit minus the 14-day cost of daily parking. There are no refunds for daily, weekly, or monthly permits.

    If a long-term permit holder purchases a daily permit, refunds will not be issued, no exceptions. Long-term permits allow parking throughout the duration of the permit, and the purchase of a daily permit is not necessary as the long-term permit provides parking privileges. You will be liable for all permit fees, including daily permits and any other active permits.

    How to Cancel a Permit

    1. Visit the Bruin ePermit Portal and click “LOGIN” in the upper right-hand corner
    2. Select "UCLA Logon" and enter your information
    3. Select “Permits” from the top navigation bar
    4. Click on “View Your Permits” from the drop-down menu
    5. Click on the permit you wish to cancel
    6. Click the “Return Permit” button
    7. Click on the “Reason for Return” drop down menu
    8. Select the reason for your return
    9. Click the “Submit” button to finalize your transaction
  • Students Experiencing a Financial Crisis
  • Financial aid budgets and awards available to our student population include transportation/commuting costs and fees. The UC Office of the President administers a Cost of Attendance Survey (COAS) every three years to a sample of the UC undergraduate population including UCLA students. The information collected from the COAS is used to estimate the total cost of attendance at UC campuses for students, including day-to-day expenses such as commuting fees. The results of the survey are used to directly influence the financial aid policies and programs for the student population.

    The Economic Crisis Response Team (ECR TEAM) provides support and guidance to students who have self-identified, or are identified by UCLA faculty or staff, as experiencing a financial crisis that impacts their academic success at UCLA. They aim to efficiently, compassionately and discreetly:

      1. Provide a seamless and individualized response to UCLA students in extraordinary financial crisis.

      2. Develop proposals for actions to examine (and revise, when appropriate) university policies and office protocols in order to improve students' ability to manage their financial situations and avoid economic crisis.

    For more information please visit the ECRT website.