Carpool Planning Guide
All members of a carpool need to communicate up front and plan how your carpool will work. Find a time when all members can get together to discuss the questions listed here and come to an agreement on what will work for all of you. The more prepared you are, the better your chances of having a successful, long-term carpool. If you need assistance, please contact Bruin Commuter Services.
Once you have it all worked out, put it in writing, provide all members with a copy and go apply for your discounted Carpool Parking Permit and join the Bruin Commuter Club for even more money-saving benefits!
Find a Carpool Partner
- Contact Bruin Commuter Services at (310) 794-7433 or firstname.lastname@example.org for personalized assistance with your commute.
Driving and Vehicle Details
- How often do you want to carpool? Daily? Three times a week? Other?
- Who drives and when?
- Discuss driving styles. Be clear at the outset about safe driving practices.
- How will vehicle expenses be shared?
- Discuss and share car insurance coverage.
Pickups and Drop-offs
- What are the arrangements for pickups and drop-offs, including locations and times?
- How long will you wait if someone is late?
- What will you do if a member has to stay late or leave early? Discuss all options.
- How will you contact each other during the day in case of an emergency?
- Share emergency contact information for each partner (home, friends or family members)
- Create a back-up plan in case of a vehicle breakdown.
- What radio stations will be played and how loud is acceptable?
- Will eating be allowed in the vehicle?
- What conversation topics are acceptable? Which ones are best left alone?
- How comfortable is everyone with silence and quiet relaxation?
- What about perfumes? Does anyone have allergies?
- What stops, if any, are you willing to make along the way?
- Will anyone have to transport children or large equipment? How often?
Bruin Commuter Services
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (310) 794-7433