UCLA Transportation uses the Bruin ePermit System where your license plate is your permit.
The Bruin ePermit system works similar to a supermarket scanner with your license plate functioning as the barcode. When read, the numbers of your plate are automatically referenced against the parking database to verify a valid permit for the parking location.
Students and guests attending 2023 Commencement ceremonies are able to purchase a parking permit online and in advance through the Bruin ePermit Event Parking portal beginning Monday, May 1.
To avoid long lines at the self-service pay stations on campus, it is recommended to purchase your parking permit in advance of attending the Commencement ceremonies.
- As the demand for Commencement parking is high, please plan your commute accordingly. Space fills up in parking structures during UCLA Commencement ceremonies. If you are redirected to an alternate parking location, no additional parking permit will be required.
- Commencement parking will be available:
- Friday, June 16, in Parking Structures 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9
- Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18, in Parking Structures 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, and SV
- If there are multiple dates or permit options for your ceremony, you can only select one date or permit option per transaction. Do not add multiple dates or permit selections to one transaction
- Each permit will only be valid for one license plate per vehicle on the date selected
- Parking permits are non-refundable & non-transferrable
- View the instructions for obtaining a commencement parking permit
Day of parking will also be available at our various visitor parking locations using the self-service Pay Station machines or the ParkMobile app. If utilizing ParkMobile you can use Zone 2525.
All customers are required to purchase a valid parking permit to park on campus. Any valid parking permit and a properly displayed DP placard or DP license plate must always be associated with your vehicle to help us ensure that you are properly parked in areas that are accessible to you. With any valid permit, you may park in all campus parking spaces according to your needs, excluding parking in loading zones, red curbs, gated parking structures, stalls marked with a “University Vehicles Only” sign, and areas not specifically marked as parking stalls. There are a variety of accessible parking locations on campus. We encourage you to view the campus parking map to determine which parking spaces are suitable to your needs based on the area of campus you are going to.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 794-7433. For more information regarding Commencement such as the schedule and FAQs, please visit the UCLA Commencement website.