Bruin ePermit System
UCLA Transportation is excited to introduce the Bruin ePermit system where your license plate is your permit. The new system will be rolled out in May 2019.
The Bruin ePermit system works similar to a supermarket scanner with your license plate functioning as the barcode. When read, the numbers of your plate are automatically referenced against the parking database to verify a valid permit for the lot location.
Please check this page regularly for updates and more information regarding the transition to the Bruin ePermit system.
How Does it Work
Permit holders will now register their vehicle and pay for their parking permits online through the Bruin ePermit system. Registering a vehicle is as easy as:
- Log in using your UCLA Logon
- Select "Vehicles" from the navigation and then click "Add Vehicle"
- Enter your vehicle's information
- Complete the payment process
How does the bruin epermit system benefit me?
Moving to a virtual permit system offers numerous customer benefits such as:
- Eliminating the need to display a hangtag or move hangtags from vehicle-to-vehicle.
- The ability to purchase parking permits online.
- Eliminating the need to come to the Transportation lobby to pick up parking permits.
- Reducing paper, plastic, and resources used during permit production and distribution.
fREQUENTLY aSKED qUESTIONS
The Bruin ePermit system is an advanced parking technology that provides virtual permits through a vehicle’s license plate instead of paper permits or plastic hangtags. ePermits increase parking efficiency on campus, offer convenience for customers, and greatly reduce the amount of paper and plastic waste produced.
Individuals will register their vehicle license plate information into the online parking system when purchasing their parking permits. The Bruin ePermit software then combines this information with the individual’s payment and generates a virtual permit linked to that vehicle’s license plate number.
Bruin ePermits will allow us to eliminate the need for printed parking permits and thus make our parking management system more efficient.