How to Reserve and Pick Up Your BruinCar Rental
Reservation and Pick Up Process
It is now faster and easier to make your reservations through our online reservation system. Reservations immediately go into our system and can be picked up in as little as 20 minutes.*
You must have a BruinCar user account to make a reservation online. To create an account, please complete our online tutorial, submit your information and contact the BruinCar office (310) 825-2963, option 1 with your driver license number. Your account will be set-up within 5 business days.**
* Depending on vehicle availability, recent driver's licence check, and travel within the US
**Depending on department authorization response
- Log in to the reservation system using your university identification number (UID) and email address.
- Verify that the billing account number is correct.
- Select New Reservation.
- Pick-up location should indicate BC in order to see available BruinCars.
- Select your pickup and return date/time, then select OK.
- Select type of vehicle needed.*
- Enter your destination. Specify if rental will leave the United States (i.e. Mexico or Canada).
- Under Reservation Note enter any additional drivers and their UIDs, purchase order (if applicable) and purpose of trip or group name. DO NOT INPUT DRIVERS' LICENSE NUMBERS. Additional drivers must have a BruinCar user account. New account authorization takes at least 5 business days to be processed.
- Add additional email recipients under CC: An email will automatically go to the user’s listed email address. Multiple recipients should be added as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
- Select Confirm to finalize your reservation and to receive an immediate email confirmation(s).
*Please Note: By selecting an unavailable vehicle you will be put on standby (waiting list). A BruinCar representative will call you within 24 business hours. Out of country rentals will need to be put on standby to assign an external reservation.
BruinCar's self-service system allows renters to pick up their reserved vehicles at any time. Renters may obtain the keys to their vehicle at the BruinCar keybox. The keybox is located on the south side of Parking Structure 8 on level 2 next to the vending machine area.
At the keybox:
- Enter your confirmation code (not reservation number) on the keypad.
- Confirm that you have a valid driver license on the keypad. A green light will appear to show that the door is unlocked.
- Immediately open the door by lifting up the lever and pulling the door toward you.
- Your reserved vehicle key will be indicated by a green light. Turn your key to the left to release and remove the key.
- If you reserved a Voyager card, you can retrieve it from the slot after you remove your key.
- Close the key box door (make sure it clicks shut).
- Proceed to the parking stall number indicated on your key tag. Stalls on level 2 are located to the right (south) of the key box. On level 4, proceed to the stairwell and walk to the southeast corner of the lot.
- Before departing, complete the vehicle inspection form located in the driver's door pocket and deposit it in the inspection box(es) located on the south wall of the parking structure.
- Exit the parking structure at the northeast corner onto Strathmore Place.
Drivers must inspect the BruinCar vehicle and note any existing damage on the vehicle inspection form before departing lot.
Inspections are mandatory. Failure to return the inspection form may result in additional costs to the renter's department. The renter's department will be responsible for the insurance deductible in the event of any new damages, as well as out-of-service charges while the vehicle is in disrepair.
Costs for vehicle damage due to intentional misuse or neglect will not be covered by the University self-insurance program, but will be borne by the renting department.
- After you obtain keys from the BruinCar key box, proceed to the vehicle and retrieve a vehicle inspection form from the driver's door pocket.
- Complete information on both sides of this form and mark all existing damage.
- Deposit form prior to departing the lot in any of the inspection boxes located on the south wall of the parking structure.