Approved Electric Scooter and Electric Bike Vendors
UCLA has a contract with Lyft, Bird, and Wheels to provide electric scooters and bikes to the campus community. E-scooters and e-bikes from the approved vendors can ride through campus roads and park in appropriate areas. Unapproved vendors can ride through campus roads but will be impounded if parked on campus.
- Bird is an electric scooter rental service.
- Riders at UCLA can save 25 cents when they end the ride in a designated parking spot on campus.
- To incentivize helmet usage, riders who take a selfie with a helmet at the end of their trip will receive an incentive such as a future ride credit.
- Users can aget unlimited rides with a monthly Bird rental for less than a $1 a day with the first month free. BirdAccess additionally provides discounts for people with low-income status. To apply, email email@example.com with documentation of low-income status. Free helmets will also be distributed at campus events.
- Lyft has added scooters to their lineup and riders at UCLA can save 50 cents when they end the ride in any of the designated spots throughout campus, or in the scooter parking zone green boxes indicated in the app.
- The Lyft Community Pass is a low-income, discount program that costs $5 per month and includes unlimited, free, 30-minute rides within their service area. Free helmets will also be distributed at campus events.
- Wheels electric mini-bikes offer a new way to ride.
- Wheels for All: Los Angeles is a discount program that provides approved individuals with free rides up to 30 minutes. To qualify, individuals must be currently enrolled in or eligible for a state or federal assistance program. Free helmets will also be distributed at campus events.