Go Bruins, indeed! UCLA has again made the Best Workplaces for Commuters (BWC) annual list of U.S.-based employers, universities, and sites by providing transportation choices for employees and students that meet a national standard of excellence.
BWC is a program managed by the Center for Urban Transportation Research, an internationally recognized transportation research, education, and technology center.
UCLA earned the 2023 Best University for Commuters designation on the strength of its programs and services for faculty, staff, and students. Options offered by UCLA Transportation provide commuters with the support they need to get to and from campus and be at their best before, during, and after the work or school day.
These programs also help reduce air pollution and traffic congestion and include:
- Subsidized passes for several local and commuter transit agencies
- Bicycle programs, bike share access, and other amenities for bike commuters
- Carpool matching and discounted permits
- Reduced-price daily parking permits that offer commuters added flexibility
- BruinBus complimentary campus shuttle
- Emergency Ride Home program and other incentives and benefits for green commuters
UCLA's commute offerings aim to support individual needs, helping employees and students succeed while they are on campus — economically and environmentally beneficial options that provide value to the UCLA community.
"We take immense pride in receiving our 2023 Best Universities for Commuters national designation," said Lisa Koberling, interim executive director at UCLA Transportation.
"Our sustainable transportation programs reflect our commitment to the environment and the well-being of our faculty, staff, and students, saving them time, money, and stress."