How Do I Pay for Vanpool?
UCLA Vanpools are generally owned and operated by UCLA Transportation, which partially subsidizes the overall expense of coordinating and maintaining the service.
Passengers who wish to ride a vanpool either on a full-time or part-time basis must pay a monthly fare for the route they use. All UCLA Vanpool fares are based on zones determined by each van's daily commute miles. Vanpool zones and fares are subject to change. Your monthly fare guarantees your seat on the van and makes you eligible to receive benefits through the Bruin Commuter Club.
Passengers who need to ride the vanpool less often have the option of paying on a per-ride basis. One-way vouchers must be purchased before riding the van. Part-time passengers may ride on a space-available basis, which is confirmed by the vanpool driver on the day of your ride.
However you choose to ride UCLA Vanpools, the modest fares are easily outweighed by personal, financial and environmental benefits of vanpooling.
- UCLA Staff and Faculty
- Initial payment is due on or before the day of orientation.
- Cash, check, credit cards or payroll deduction are accepted.
- UCLA Students
- Initial payment is due through BruinBill within five (5) days of your vanpool start date.
- BruinBill does not accept Visa.
- Cash only payments can be made at the UCLA Transportation lobby.
- Non-UCLA Individuals
- Initial payments are due on or before orientation.
- Cash, check or credit cards are accepted.
- Monthly fares are due on the 1st of every month
- Payroll deduction: Fares are deducted on a biweekly or monthly schedule
Accepted Forms of Payment
- Credit Cards: We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Credit card payments are only accepted at the UCLA Transportation Lobby.
- Cash: Cash payments are only accepted at the UCLA Transportation Lobby.
- Check: Please make checks payable to “UC Regents.” Check payments are accepted at the UCLA Transportation Lobby, by mail, or dropped in the “Express Drop Box” located in the Strathmore Building breezeway.
- Payroll deduction: UCLA staff and faculty members eligible for payroll deduction receive a $5 discount each month and may be eligible for additional tax savings.
UCLA Transportation Vanpool Office
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (310) 794-7433 | Fax: (310) 267-2093
555 Westwood Plaza, Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90095