Student Permit Exemption
Student Permit Exemption Process
UCLA has an extremely limited supply of single occupancy vehicle permits for registered students. We strongly encourage students to plan in advance how to access campus with UCLA Transportation’s commuter programs, which offers discounted public transit passes and vanpool. For more information, contact a customer service representative through UCLA Transportation’s new Live Chat from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
If you have extenuating circumstances that you feel necessitate your need to have a car on campus, then you must apply online for a parking exemption. Exemptions must be submitted online by the parking application deadline. You must submit the required supporting documentation based on the exemption criteria.
If you are a prospective, new, or current student with a documented permanent disability, temporary disability, or a chronic medical condition, you must apply for parking at the Center for Accessible Education (CAE).
Eligibility for Exemption
- Residence hall students with a local, verifiable, current and continuous off-campus job, paid internship, or academic need related to their major.
- Residence hall students with extenuating circumstances listed below.
- Graduate students living in Hilgard Apartments who have been waitlisted for parking.
- Commuter students and students who live in zip code 90024 with extenuating circumstances listed below.
- Professional school graduates who were accepted late to the University and can provide an acceptance letter.
Exemption offers are considered on a case-by-case basis dependent upon available parking allocations in Parking Structures 3, 4, 7, Lot 11, Dykstra De Neve (DD) and Sunset Village (SV).
|Exemption Reason||Criteria||Required Documentation|
|Child Care||Applicant must be a legal parent or guardian. Child must be newborn-12 years of age, currently attending out-of-home school or day care, or have special needs.|
|Illness of Family Member||Applicant must be an eligible care provider for a spouse, child, or parennt who has a serious health condition.||The following forms must be completed:|
|Recent Death||Applicant must have a recent death of a parent, spouse or child within the last year.|
|Safety Issues||Applicant must have suffered from a crime-related incident (e.g., stalking or threats).|
|Applicant must provide original documentation of unpaid work study or internship required as part of a curriculum.|
|Hilgard Graduate Housing||Applicants must have a contract with UCLA graduate housing and applied for parking.|
|Accepted Late to University||Graduate students must have been accepted by their professional school after the application deadline.|
Residence Hall Students Only
|Applicant must have a local, verifiable, current, continuous, and off-campus paid job or paid internship.||Must provide one of the following:|
How to File for the Online Parking Exemption Application
- Apply for a parking exemption before the application deadline.
- Log in to the parking application.
- Select "View Terms and Conditions".
- Agree to proceed to the next step.
- Commuter students will need to click the exemption information box to start the exemption process. Residence hall students and 90024 commuter students will automatically be directed to the exemption process.
- Select your lot assignment. If lot is not available, Parking Services will assign you the next available lot.
- Indicate exemption reason and summarize the need for parking access.
- Upload driver license and required supporting documentation by the application deadline.
Note: Parking exemption remains confidential and all supporting documentation is destroyed at the end of each quarter.
Phone: (310) 825-6918
555 Westwood Plaza, Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA CA 90095
Center for Accessible Education
Phone: (310) 825-1501