Student Parking Application Process
UCLA has an extremely limited supply of single occupancy vehicle permits for registered students. We strongly encourage students to plan their commute in advance using UCLA Transportation’s commuter programs, which offer discounted and incentivized options.
Access to a single occupancy vehicle permit is offered on a prioritization process. Registered students must fill out the online parking application in order to obtain a commuter, resident hall, or a two-person or three-person carpool permit.
Residence hall students with an off-campus job and commuter students who have an extenuating circumstance such as a safety issue, child care, or ill family member, etc. must fill out the online exemption application and upload relevant supporting documentation. If you are a prospective, new, or current student with a documented permanent disability, temporary disability, or chronic medical condition, you must apply for parking at the Center for Accessible Education (CAE).
In order to obtain a parking permit, students must apply on time and follow all application and payment guidelines.
- Online Parking Application
- Permit Prioritization Process
- Permit Exemption Process
- Carpool Application Process
- Application Dates & Deadlines
Parking Regulations & Processes
Parking permits are granted for the purpose of transportation to and from campus. Only UCLA Transportation has authority to grant parking privileges on campus. Violations of any parking regulations are subject to disciplinary action which may be referred to the Dean of Students, and legal action may be taken.
- University Parking Regulations
- Student Permit Types
- Parking Permit Privileges (PDF)
- Permits for Students with Disabilities
- Student Payment and Cancellation of Parking Permit
- Report Lost or Missing Permit
- UCLA Extension Parking Application
- How to Use Your Permit and Access Card
Additional Information & Resources
- Rates & Fees
- Student Parking Permit FAQ
- Student Employment Opportunities
- Student Support, Safety & Reporting Services
555 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1360
7:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday