License Plate Recognition Virtual Permits
UCLA Transportation will be transitioning to a virtual parking permit system over the next two years. As part of this transition, UCLA Transportation will be piloting a License Plate Recognition (LPR) program with Parking Lot 11 staff permit holders beginning Monday, August 27, 2018.
LPR works similar to a supermarket scanner with your license plate functioning as the barcode. When read, the numbers of your plate are automatically referenced against the parking database to verify a valid permit for the lot location.
As a Parking Lot 11 permit holder, please log in to the new system using your UCLA Logon and enter your vehicle information and license plate number by Friday, August 24. Failure to do so may result in a citation. Permit holders will still need to display their hangtags throughout the pilot to avoid citations while the system is being monitored.
Registering Your Vehicle
To register your vehicle, please click here and follow the steps below. If you cannot access the online system or are having difficulties with your UCLA Logon account, please contact Bruin Online Customer Support at (310) 825-8000 or email email@example.com.
- Click "Login" in the upper righthand corner
- Log in using your UCLA Logon
- Click on "Vehicles" from the top navigation bar and then the "Add Vehicle" button
- Enter your vehicle's information and click the "Next" button
How does LPR benefit me?
Moving to a virtual permit system offers numerous customer benefits such as:
- Eliminating the need to display a hangtag or move hangtags from vehicle-to-vehicle.
- The ability to purchase parking permits online.
- Eliminating the need to come to the Transportation lobby to pick up parking permits.
- Reducing paper, plastic, and resources used during permit production and distribution.
- License Plate Recognition FAQs
- How to Register a Vehicle Guide (PDF)
- How to create a BOL or UCLA Logon ID
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (310) 825-2963